Built in 1923, the Jerome Art Center, formerly the Jerome High School evolved from the state-of-the-art early 20th century high school facility built to support a thriving mining town of over 10,000 people.
The school was in operation from 1924 – 1951. Closed in 1960, it was reopened in the fall of the same year as Mingus Union High School. The last graduating class was in 1975. With an influx of creative people to the town in the 1970’s and 1980’s, the facility became a favored workplace of local artists and musicians because of its creative atmosphere and spacious rooms.
Today the buildings are occupied by a diverse range of creative minds.